Milieu Consulting is a multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Brussels with a record of excellence in international and European policy and law – in fields such as environmental protection, energy, climate change, chemicals, fundamental rights, justice, home affairs, public health, consumer protection, financial services, agriculture and health, and safety. We provide our expertise mainly for European institutions and other public sector clients.
Despite having grown rapidly over the years we retain a very informal, collaborative, and largely non-hierarchical working environment.
Please visit our website at www.milieu.be to understand more about our activities and our corporate culture.
We are seeking a Senior Policy Advisor with experience in EU policy research and analysis to support our expanding work in this area. We carry out a range of studies and support services including evaluation, problem analysis, policy option development, and regulatory impact assessment. This is a unique opportunity to take a leading role in structuring and growing Milieu’s activities in policy analysis, work directly with clients to shape public policymaking, and join an outstanding and committed multi-disciplinary team of experts.
Key tasks will include the following:
- Management of policy research and analysis projects from their inception to their completion;
- The leadership of multi-disciplinary expert teams;
- Designing and implementing robust methodologies for the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data;
- Drafting and presenting high-quality analytical reports;
- Establishing good client relationships and ensuring that work delivered meets their needs and expectations;
- Mentoring and supporting junior associates to ensure their growth and development;
- Identifying and leading business development opportunities including the preparation of tender proposals.
We require a mix of some, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in political science, economics, or other relevant disciplines;
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant work experience, with demonstrated consulting experience or similar work involving client relationships and project management;
- Expertise in quantitative data collection and analysis methods for policy research;
- Proven expertise and/or interest in one or more of Milieu’s fields of work; willingness to work flexibly across different policy areas;
- Knowledge of the EU’s institutional architecture and policymaking processes; experience of working with the European Commission’s Better Regulation Toolbox is an advantage;
- Solid leadership and team communication skills, including the ability to motivate and develop the skills of others;
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and troubleshooting;
- An independent, self-starter personality with a commitment to quality;
- Well-organized, practical-minded, and able to prioritize a busy and varied workload;
- Clear, concise, and accurate writing skills in English; knowledge of other EU languages is an asset.
What you will find at Milieu
- English as a principal working language;
- A very informal, supportive, and collaborative working environment;
- A minimum of hierarchy and internal bureaucracy;
- A strong dedication to public policy;
- A strong commitment to quality and professionalism;
- A dynamic multi-cultural atmosphere with some 25 nationalities;
- A stimulating working environment;
- A relaxed dress code – except when we are meeting our clients;
- Regular company barbecues, training lunches, weekly yoga classes;
- Biennial company weekend retreats;
- The possibility of a hybrid working arrangement (maximum 40% from home).
Milieu Consulting would like to fill this position as soon as possible. The deadline for applications is 21 October 2022.
Please apply via our automated application process at our website. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Milieu Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.