- Location Brussels, Belgium
- Sector Non-Profit
- Experience Internship
- Apply by Oct-13-2022
- Posted Oct 03
Eurochild is an international non-governmental organization based in Brussels, which promotes the well-being and rights of children and young people at the European level and, through its membership, in the European countries.
We are supported financially by the European Commission. In the almost 18 years since its establishment, Eurochild has grown into one of the most influential networks on children’s rights in Europe. It has almost 200 members across 37 countries in Europe, including national coalitions of children’s rights (‘national partner networks’) in 23 countries.
About this position
This internship position at the Brussels-based Secretariat of Eurochild is to assist in the development and implementation of Eurochild policy priorities, which currently include political advocacy on eradicating child poverty, promoting well-being, and mainstreaming children’s rights in all EU processes. You will contribute to some of Eurochild’s strategic goals. These include
- Making children’s rights a public priority in Europe
- Strengthening the community of children’s rights activists across Europe
- Elevating the voices of children and young people
The specific responsibilities of the Policy and Advocacy Intern include
- Support the policy and advocacy team in its work on policy priorities as highlighted above;
- Monitor developments on European and international policies regarding children’s rights and well-being and report to the policy and advocacy team;
- Carry out research tasks as required, support ongoing projects;
- Draft articles and info pieces for Eurochild’s website or member organizations;
- Support Eurochild working structures (including drafting documents, organizing meetings, coordinating inputs, updating databases, etc.);
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up of relevant events;
- Supporting colleagues across the thematic areas of Eurochild.
- University degree or relevant experience in EU policy, children’s rights/social sciences/political sciences/public policy;
- Good understanding of EU social policy and funding mechanisms;
- Good research skills and understanding of political advocacy at the EU level;
- Excellent spoken and written English; other EU languages are an asset;
- Flexibility and readiness to work in a small, interdependent and international team;
- National-level experience in one of the Eurochild priority areas is a strong asset.
Support and supervision
The Policy and Advocacy Intern will report to the Head of Advocacy. He/she will also receive support from other members of the Policy and Advocacy team.
- Remuneration: Our interns receive a monthly standard remuneration (estimated 940€, + home working allowance 134.71€, + internet allowance 20€, + 49€ transport costs);
- Lunch tickets;
- Location: Eurochild Secretariat, Brussels;
- Preferred starting date: November 2022;
- Type of contract: 6 months, with a possible option to extend for a further 6 months, mutually agreed;
- Due to Belgian rules, we regret not being able to open this position to non-EU citizens.