PREPARATION TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 55 mins
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic (chopped) 1 tbsp
- Onion (chopped) 1/2 cup
- Tomato puree 2 cups
- Tomato paste 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Red chili flakes 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds powder 1/2 tsp
- Italian seasoning 2 tsp
- Fresh basil leaves 5-7
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- All-purpose flour 1 ½ tbsp
- Milk 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper (crushed) 1/2 tsp
- Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup
- K&N’s Mortadella Slices (as required)
- Sandwich bread slices (without edges) as required
- Prepared red sauce as required
- Prepared white sauce as required
- Mozzarella cheese (grated) as required
- Cheddar cheese (grated) as required
- Oregano as required
- Red chili flakes as required
- In a pan heat oil and saute garlic for 1 minute. Add chopped onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add tomato puree, tomato paste and cook until oil leaves. Add salt, black pepper, red chili flakes, fennel seeds powder, Italian seasoning and cook until thickens. Addy dry basil and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame. turn off flame and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add butter. Add all purpose flour and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add milk while stirring in continuously and cook until starts to thicken. Add salt, black pepper, parmesan cheese and cook until cheese melts. Turn off flame and set aside.
- Prepare K&N’s Mortadella Slices as per instructions on the pack.
- In a baking dish, spread a layer of red sauce. Place bread slices and top it with red sauce. Place a layer of K&N’s Mortadella Slices on top of red sauce.
- Spread white sauce evenly and top with cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Repeat the above step again and lastly top with cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle some oregano and chili flakes.
- Bake at 170°C for 20-25 minutes or until cheese melts and it gets brown from top.
- Your Mortadella Bread Lasagna is ready to serve.