PREPARATION TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
- All-purpose flour 3 cups
- Salt 1 tsp
- Baking Powder 1 tsp
- Oil 1/3 cup
- Hot water 1 cup
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Spinach (chopped) 1 ½ cup
- Red Chili Powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Tortilla as required
- Spinach mixture as required
- K&N’s Fiery Fingers 780 g (2-3)
- Onion (chopped) as required
- Tomatoes (chopped) as required
- Green coriander (chopped) as required
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and mix dry ingredients until well combined. Now add the oil and water. Mix well until the dough begins to come together and form a shaggy ball. Knead for 1-2 minutes and Rest for 20 minutes.
- Place on board and divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Roll each dough piece into a round circle, about 6-7 inches in diameter, keep the work surface and rolling pin lightly floured.
- Place one dough circle onto the preheated pan and allow to cook for 1 minute. Remove from pan with tongs and stack in a covered container or zippered bag to keep the tortillas fresh.
- In a bowl add cream, lemon juice, milk and mix well. Let it rest overnight.
- Add cream cheese, and sour cream to a mixing bowl and stir until smooth. Add spinach, cheddar cheese, cumin powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, black pepper powder and toss to combine. Taste and add more seasoning, if needed.
- Prepare K&N’s Fiery Fingers as per instructions on the pack.
- Place a large spoonful of filling in a line along each tortilla and top it with Prepared K&N’s Fiery Fingers and roll tightly. Secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Once hot (the tortillas should sizzle immediately when added to the oil). Fry the taquitos in small batches, for a few seconds on each side, until they are golden and crispy on all sides. Place them on a paper towel lined plate.
- Garnish them with onion, tomatoes, coriander, sour cream and serve.