Brew : 3 Hours
- 2 cups (500ml) leftover strong espresso
- 5 to 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Scant 1 cup (200ml) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
1. If the espresso is cold, warm it slightly (on the stove or in the microwave) so the sugar will dissolve easily. Stir in the sugar, adjusting to taste, until completely dissolved.
2. Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe rectangular container and freeze for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove the container and mash the contents evenly with a fork. Repeat this process 3 to 4 more times at roughly 30-minute intervals, until you have an even, flaky slush.
3. In a mixing bowl, whip the cream, confectioners’ sugar, and Amaretto to soft peaks. Serve the granita and cream together in glasses.
- 127 calories
- 9g fat
- 10g carbs
- 1g protein
- 9g sugars