Brew : 15 Mins
- 2 cups water
- 4 chai tea bags (or ½ cup loose-leaf chai tea)
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 ounces rum
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon, as needed for finishing
1. In a medium pot, bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Remove the pot from the heat and add the tea bags (or the loose-leaf tea). Let the mixture steep for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the tea bags or strain out the loose tea.
2. Return the tea mixture to the pot and then stir in the milk, honey, and sugar. Heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the rum and vanilla extract.
4. Divide the mixture among four mugs and garnish each with a pinch or two of cinnamon. Serve immediately.
- 271 calories
- 3g fat
- 35g carbs
- 3g protein
- 35g sugars