- Location Mexico City, Mexico
- Sector Commercial
- Experience Early Career
- Posted Oct 05
Every great story has a new beginning. We’re excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands, and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming, and gaming. We’re home to the world’s best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, and deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What part will you play?
- The Associate Producer gathers content and supports programming duties in a fast-paced environment for CNNE Digital, including but not limited to writing headlines and publishing content to all CNNE digital platforms (Desktop, Mobile, OTT).
- Must understand the editorial direction of CNNE.com and CNNE TV to help ensure that tactical and coverage decisions align with the overall goals of CNN en Español.
What will you be doing?
- The Associate Producer will coordinate with the CNNE Digital Senior Producer and Producers, to ensure that the CNNE Digital audiences are exposed to the best available content on the CNNE.com main page, section fronts, mobile, and OTT platforms.
- Associate Producers for video will help find compelling videos, pitch content to the editorial team, and learn more about the digital business. They will be working with the whole of CNNE.com’s editorial operation.
- Associate Producers work closely with the various CNNE Newsgathering operations and show teams to identify the best and most relevant video content for the CNN Digital platforms.
- Associate Producers utilize all in-house and non-CNN resources to program content that resonates with the CNN Digital audience while adhering to CNN Standards and Practices and Legal guidance.
What do we need from you?
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a news production environment.
- Solid skills in online or on-air production.
- Four-Year College Degree.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or similar editing systems.
- Excellent communication skills, news judgment, and headline-writing skills.
- Basic news writing and video editing skills.
- A Familiarity with Web video and social media sites.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid news judgment.
- Creativity/strong headline-writing skills.
- Conveys the spirit of teamwork.
- Ability to execute during breaking news situations.
- Positive attitude (eager, energetic, team-oriented).
- Flexibility (Can deal with rapid changes in news, adapt to breaking news, and handle several tasks at once).
- Visual and presentation aptitude.
- Must be able to adapt to a 24h/7 days week news environment.
- Must be able to work shifts at all times of day and night.
Associate Producer Desirable Requirements
- Familiarity with Web publishing and production tools and/or Content Management Systems
- News Video production (scripting, pkg production) is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with the CNN production systems, media operations, and content management systems (iNews, MIRA, Mediasource)