- Location Brussels, Belgium
- Sector Commercial
- Experience Mid Career
- Posted Oct 06
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Policy & Government Affairs, Europe. This position reports to the Senior Director, Policy and Government Affairs, Europe within the Commercial Organization.
- Support policy engagement with the European Commission, the European Parliament, policymakers in EU Member States, and relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor EU healthcare market trends, relevant legislative and regulatory developments, and analyze their impact to Novavax.
- Execute initiatives that address implications of legislative and regulatory developments and identify opportunities to advance our policy agenda.
- Execute upon the policy and government affairs agenda as part of the broader Commercial strategy that supports multiple vaccine launches and promotes optimal consumer access to our novel vaccines.
- Partner with the Novavax Advocacy, Market Access, Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Sales Teams to drive policy development that is aligned with the Commercial strategy for each market.
- Build and maintain relationships with policymakers and their staff.
- Shape corporate messaging that is used with external stakeholders and policymakers and develop materials in support of policy positions.
- Participate in external organizations and trade associations engaged in public policy and government affairs activities, such as EFPIA / Vaccines Europe.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: advanced degree in political science, international relations, healthcare policy, law, business, health sciences or any other related field.
- 4+ years of experience in EU-based policy and/or government affairs roles in EU institutions or the private sector. Experience in the biopharmaceutical sector strongly preferred.
- Robust understanding of the EU institutions and decision-making processes.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to assess how legislation and policy changes impact the company and business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships with EU policymakers.
- Strategic planning skills with detail-oriented approach to execution.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence and effectively engage internally & externally.
- Teamwork skills and ability to work cross-functionally with multiple internal departments, including Market Access, Government Alliances, Advocacy, Marketing, Communications, Legal, Regulatory and Medical Affairs.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) required, and fluency in additional European languages will be considered an asset.
Every day our employees impact the future of health by preventing disease. To recognize their contributions, we offer them performance-based pay; a flexible, welcoming work environment; comprehensive and competitive benefits.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other protected characteristic.