ICF is a leading provider of science-based energy, climate, and environmental advisory services to private and public sector clients across the globe. We help our clients to progress on their sustainable transition journey, from the understanding of this rapidly evolving landscape to the design and implementation of impactful strategies and action plans all the way to their evaluation.
To support the continued growth of our Sustainable Finance and Climate Policy practice, we are looking for two experienced Senior Consultants to join our team in Brussels or London. The successful candidates will join a dynamic team providing strategic advice on various aspects of sustainable finance and climate policies to clients such as the European Commission, Member State governments, European and Member State financial institutions, and development finance institutions.
Your future colleagues have built a reputation for the successful delivery of large, complex projects, developing innovative solutions that drive positive change for their clients and support the overall sustainable transition in the EU and beyond. Some of our flagship projects include:
- Evaluating the impact of green bonds on supporting climate mitigation investments for the European Investment Bank;
- Supporting National Promotional Banks with advice, guidance, and training on how to operationalize the EU Taxonomy and InvestEU sustainability requirements;
- Drafting the Sustainable Bond framework for an EU Member State;
- Designing the Sustainable Finance Action Plan of an EU Member State;
- Providing expertise to support the successful implementation of the EU Emissions Trading System’s Innovation Fund;
- Contributing to the design of a standard on biodiversity measurements and valuation for corporates and financial institutions;
- Delivering the European Business and Biodiversity Platform since 2013.
You will work as part of a multi-national, collaborative team of economists, climate and environmental experts, financial experts, and communication specialists to:
- Manage and deliver projects for public and private clients;
- Provide robust and sound qualitative and quantitative analysis and translate complex data into meaningful and impactful recommendations;
- Engage with stakeholders through both quantitative and qualitative surveys;
- Support the development of a sales pipeline that builds on ICF’s track record, bringing your experience in designing and developing compelling service offers and bids;
- Support ICF’s thought leadership in sustainable finance, identifying emerging trends and opportunities and helping to translate these into new service offers that will benefit clients.
Required qualifications & skills
- Fluency in spoken English and excellent English writing skills;
- Master’s degree in environmental economics, ecology, environmental sciences, finance, engineering, or a related discipline;
- Expertise in sustainable finance, low carbon market economics, low carbon innovation, climate, and environmental policy, or biodiversity impact assessment;
- Strong Project Management skills demonstrated by concrete experience in dealing with complex projects and multiple stakeholders in an international environment;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis capability, including advanced knowledge of Excel and equivalent tools;
- Proven communication skills and track record in the field of stakeholder engagement, especially within public authorities and the business and finance community;
- Ability to work independently as well as within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary consulting teams spread across several countries and time zones;
- Professional consulting experience of 6+ years.
Preferred qualifications & skills
- Fluency in a second EU language;
- Familiarity – and ideally some project experience – with established and emerging market areas in sustainable finance, covering strategy definition (e.g. target setting, innovative financial instruments), risk analysis (TCFD / TNFD), impact reporting (EU Taxonomy, CSRD, SFRD), etc.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, and committed, ICF employees, tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.