- Location London, United Kingdom
- Sector Commercial
- Experience Internship
- Posted Oct 06
Sovereign Strategy, a London and Brussels-based political strategy and public affairs consultancy, is seeking to appoint an Intern based at its London Office Headquarters. We’re looking for a motivated undergraduate/graduate student to support us in our London office. Candidates should have recently graduated with an interest in the political domain and international affairs. Depending on the university degree and experience, the intern will support a wide range of work streams spanning global health, fintech, digital currency space, and digitalization.
About Sovereign Strategy
Since our foundation in 2000, we have been using considerable hands-on experience and established networks to develop strategies that deliver the best outcomes for our client’s day-to-day operations and the development of their business. We offer a range of consultancy services globally, spanning the field of global health, financial services, digitalization, health, health tech, and development. We offer bespoke advice to governments across the G20 and to FTSE 100 businesses. With a strong presence in the UK, Europe, and the Middle East our experience, high-level global networks, and reputation for a delivery place us at the forefront of the public affairs industry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research and synthesize information from different sources such as media, conversations with experts, and academic papers for the client and the line manager.
- Media and political monitoring on the current developments in global health, fintech, digital currency space, and digitalization.
- Organizational and technical support to the London offices and realization of approved projects.
- Produce content for the company website, blog, and social media accounts.
- Provide administrative support in day-to-day communications with clients.
- Help to keep databases up-to-date.
- Assist in the organization of events and meetings for clients.
- Provide policy briefs for high-level meetings.
Successful applicants should
- Have a keen interest in politics and current affairs. Having an interest and knowledge in a specific field such as global health, fintech, digital currency space, and digitalization is a plus.
- Have excellent planning and organizing skills with the ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Have a practical hands-on experience in UK politics (advantageous).
- Have a good understanding of working with WordPress and Social Media Tools, i.e. Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Be a team player with the ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions, and cultural backgrounds.
- Be based in London.
- University degree (or studying towards one) in global health, political science, international affairs, business administration, international law, or social sciences.
- Exceptional research, writing, and analytics skills, including the ability to synthesize information from different sources.
- Exceptional media content writing.
- Exceptional level of computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (other languages are a plus).
Job Type: 37.5hrs a week (5 days a week)
Start Date: Immediately
Duration: 6 months
Salary: London living wage