PREPARATION TIME: 1 Hour
FOR THE CAKE
- 2¼ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 large Eggs
- Seeds scraped from 1 Vanilla Bean
- 1 cup Olive Oil(use one that’s high quality, but mild tasting)
- 1½ cups Whole Milk
- ¼ cup Light Rum
FOR THE ICING
- 1½ cups Confectioners Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Bean Seeds
- 3 tablespoons + Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8-9 cup bundt pan and set aside.
- Place the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the eggs, vanilla bean seeds, olive oil, milk, and rum. Whisk together until well combined and smooth.
- Add the mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely, then invert onto a serving dish.
- Place the confectioners sugar and vanilla beans in a small mixing bowl. Add the cream and whisk in until smooth – add more cream as needed to get icing to a thick but pourable consistency.
- Pour the icing over the top of the cooled cake, letting it drip down the sides.
- Top with strawberries.
- Cake will keep covered, at room temperature for about 5 days.
- Calories: 168kcal (8%)
- Carbohydrates: 26g (9%)
- Protein: 1g (2%)
- Fat: 6g (9%)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (25%)
- Sodium: 98mg (4%)
- Sugar: 18g (20%)
- Vitamin A: 199IU (4%)
- Calcium: 13mg (2%)
- Iron: 2mg (6%)