PREPARATION TIME: 30 Mins
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⅓ cups sugar, divided
- 8 large egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup peach jam
- 1½ cups diced peaches
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced, for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving at least 3 inches of overhang on all sides.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whip the cream with ⅓ cup of sugar until it reaches medium peaks. Transfer the whipped cream to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Clean and dry the mixer bowl and whip.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, salt, and remaining sugar. Place the bowl over a medium pot of simmering water and heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture reaches 170ºF on a thermometer, about 3 minutes.
4. Transfer the egg mixture to the bowl of the electric mixer, add the vanilla and almond extracts, and whip until the mixture is pale and thick, about 5 minutes.
5. Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg mixture until combined.
6. Pour about a third of the semifreddo mixture into the prepared pan. Drizzle with a third of the peach jam and use a skewer to swirl it through the semifreddo. Scatter a third of the diced peaches on top. Repeat two more times until you’ve used all the ingredients.
7. Cover the semifreddo with excess plastic wrap. Freeze until firm, 7 to 8 hours. Remove the semifreddo from the pan, discard the plastic wrap and transfer to a serving platter.
8. In a medium bowl, toss the sliced peaches and honey to combine. Pile the peaches on top of the semifreddo and serve immediately.
- 54g calories
- 27g fat
- 74g carbs
- 5g protein
- 65g sugars