PREPARATION TIME: 45 Mins
COOK TIME: 15 Mins
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ½ cup (99g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (106g) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces (226g) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Turn off the heat and stir in the espresso powder. Transfer the mixture to a medium heat-safe bowl, and let cool for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar to the butter and whisk to combine. Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk well to combine.
3. With a silicone spatula, add the flour and baking soda and stir the mixture just until it is fully incorporated.
4. Stir in the chocolate chunks, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop the dough into ¼-cup-sized balls onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving at least 1½ inches between each cookie to allow room for spreading.
6. Bake the cookies until they are set around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
- 290 calories
- 16g fat
- 33g carbs
- 3g protein
- 21g sugars