PREPARATION TIME: 1 Hour
- 1¼ cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1½ teaspoon Almond Extract
- ⅔ cup Milk
- 1¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 stick(8 tablespoons) Salted Butter, melted
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons + Water
- Sliced Almonds
- Powdered Sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an almond cake loaf pan.
- Place the sugar, egg, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth. Pour in the milk and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture. Whisk in until just combined.
- Add the melted butter and whisk just until the butter is blended in.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then invert onto a platter and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl and slowly whisk in the water, adding more or less for a thick, smooth consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle almonds on top of the glaze and dust with powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap.
- Calories: 198kcal (8%)
- Carbohydrates: 26g (9%)
- Protein: 1g (2%)
- Fat: 6g (9%)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (25%)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (5%)
- Sodium: 78mg (4%)
- Potassium: 54mg (2%)
- Fiber: 26g (8%)
- Sugar: 18g (20%)
- Vitamin A: 199IU (4%)
- Calcium: 13mg (2%)
- Iron: 9mg (6%)