PREPARATION TIME: 1 Hour 15 mins
COOK TIME: 1 Hour
- 6 pancakes
- 6 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Maple syrup, for serving (optional)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 6 dollops of Nutella (1 tablespoon each) on the baking sheet, leaving room between each one. Using a knife or offset spatula, spread each dollop into a thin circle (about ⅛-inch thick and 2-2½-inches in diameter).
2. Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and freeze the Nutella until it’s solid, at least an hour (or up to overnight).
3. When the Nutella rounds are frozen, make the pancakes. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to combine. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the butter and buttermilk. Mix to combine.
4. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spray the hot pan with nonstick spray.
5. Ladle or scoop ⅓ cup pancake batter onto the hot pan. Place a Nutella round in the center, then spoon a little more pancake batter (1 to 2 tablespoons) on top.
6. Cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes, then flip the pancake and cook until it’s golden on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from the pan, set aside and continue with the remaining batter and Nutella rounds.
7. To serve, stack three pancakes on each plate. Serve immediately with maple syrup on the side (if using).
- 365 calories
- 15g fat
- 50g carbs
- 7g protein
- 16g sugars