PREPARATION TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 35 mins
SPICY GARLIC HONEY
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 bird’s-eye chilis (or other hot pepper), chopped
- ½ cup wildflower honey
- Two 14-ounce bags frozen cauliflower florets, thawed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- One 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- One 6-ounce can tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 20 large basil leaves, roughly chopped
1. MAKE THE SPICY GARLIC HONEY: Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the 4 garlic cloves, chili, and ½ cup honey, and bring to a very gentle simmer. Lower the heat to the lowest setting possible, and let the mixture infuse for 1 hour. Strain the spicy honey, and let it cool to room temperature; store in the refrigerator.
2. MAKE THE CAULIFLOWER CRUST: Using a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it resembles rice, about 1 minute. Transfer the cauliflower to a clean kitchen towel, and squeeze out the excess moisture.
3. Transfer the cauliflower back into the bowl of the food processor, and add the 2 large eggs, Parmesan, garlic clove, and 2 teaspoons salt. Process the mixture until evenly combined, about 1 minute. It should be slightly sticky but shapeable.
4. Divide the dough into 4 balls, and place 2 each on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Using your hands or a spatula, flatten the dough into even, smooth rounds approximately ¼-inch thick and 6 inches in diameter. Bake the crusts until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
5. MAKE THE SAUCE: Increase the oven temperature to 425°F. In a blender, combine the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, ½ teaspoon salt, oregano, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, and black pepper, and purée until smooth.
6. ASSEMBLE THE PIZZAS: Divide and spread the sauce evenly over each crust, leaving a ½-inch perimeter exposed. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the pizzas. Use a metal spoon to make a small indent at the center of each pizza for the eggs. In each indent, crack 1 of the 4 large eggs. Bake the pizzas until the cheese has melted and the egg whites have set fully 8 to 10 minutes. If desired, use your broiler setting to broil the pizzas until the mozzarella just begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Garnish the pizzas with the chopped basil leaves; drizzle with the garlic honey.
NOTE: The crusts can be made ahead and frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure to separate each crust with a layer of parchment paper, and wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- 435 calories
- 24g fat
- 24g carbs
- 34g protein
- 13g sugars
Spicy Garlic Honey
- 146 calories
- 0g fat
- 39g carbs
- 1g protein
- 37g sugars